Saturday, July 24, 2010

Everything happens for a reason

I went to Creation yesterday and I had a total God moment...

I am sitting on the grass in this huge crowd of people and we're all holding lit candles. The man on stage says, "If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and you believe that He is the light of the world raise your candle high in the air!" Almost everyone in the audience raises their candles and starts cheering. I felt a sense of unity in the body of Christ that I have never felt before. One purpose. One goal. One body. It was incredible. I hate being the person that says I almost cried (because if you didn't actually cry then it must not have been that moving), but this is an instance where I just need to say it...I almost cried. Almost.

I remember last year at Creation (when it was at the Gorge) sitting on a hillside overlooking the river and watching the sunset. I got out my journal and wrote a letter/poem for my future husband. (I know that sounds cheesy and weird, but if you're a girl, you probably know someone who does that or you have done it yourself. Some guys do it too, actually) If you haven't ever thought about writing to or praying for your future husband or wife, you should. You never know where they're at in life or what they're going through. I have been praying for my husband since I was 16. I know that God is raising up a man after His own heart for me and I believe my prayers have made a difference and continue to make a difference.

Ladies (well guys too, actually)...don't settle. God cares about the little things. The thing your friends might call "stupid" or "unrealistic" or "idealistic", God wants to make those things happen for you. Don't be afraid to pass up someone who is theoretically perfect for you because the "spark" just isn't there. That's okay! There are so many people in this world, that isn't the only person that's ever going to love you! I know it seems like if you pass up a great guy or girl, you might not get another chance. You might think, "Well what if no one else ever falls in love with me? What if no one else ever wants to be with me?" That is unrealistic. Out of the millions of people in the world your age, you think that no one else will want to be with you? Yeah, that's what I thought. Unrealistic.

The bottom line is, we need to be content where we're at. If you're single, there's a reason for it. Everything happens for a reason. If you're dating, there's a reason for that as well. In every season of life, there's things to be learned. A mistake is nothing but an opportunity in disguise. Let's choose to learn from our mistakes. Let's choose to take our experiences and use them to benefit others. Let's not be selfish with the things we've learned, the knowledge we've accumulated, the love that we know in Christ.

I would ask you this: What challenging situation or person are you going to embrace as an opportunity to better yourself or someone else?

God says He works everything together for good for those who love Him. Every trying situation can be used for something good, something beautiful. Remember that we see the temporary and God sees the eternal. He has the bigger picture in mind at all times. He is always looking out for your best interest because He loves you SO much! Never forget that--God is always looking out for you. Always. You never leave His mind.

Faith.Hope.Love.
Chelsea Rae

3 comments:

  1. Thank you chelsea...i needed this and i thank you for puting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed it too.. was just thinking about these things today actually. THANK YOU CHELSEA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome =) So glad God is speaking to you guys!!

    ReplyDelete